News started dribbling in at first and it was tantalising. Then there was a steady flow of news about concerts and recordings, and then things started to feel like a bit more normal. Every press release after that the presented itself like a mini launch event for the BBC Proms.
Like this: DJ Nico Bentley joining forces with the London Handel Festivsl for an outdoor thing in nearby Peckham. Well, it’s near to me at least. A bike ride away. And I do need the exercise.
Festival Voices sing at Copeland Park, Peckham, showcasing a varied programme of well-known works by Handel, remixed live with electronic music by DJ and producer Nico Bentley on Saturday 3 October. It’ll be like going to an outdoor rave, only this will be legal. And you might need to bring a shawl.
Anticipated highlights included below.
- Zadok the Priest (Coronation Anthems)
- Eternal Source of Light Divine (Ode to Queen Anne)
- Chorus of the Babylonians (Belshazzar)
- Ombra mai fu (Serse)
- How Dark, o Lord, are thy decrees (Jephtha)
- Nel mondo e nell’abisso (Tamerlano)
- A suoi piedi (Tamerlano)
- The King Shall Rejoice (Coronation Anthems)
Tickets £20. More information here.